Homelessness Week 2020
This year the theme for Homelessness Week (#HW2020) is Everybody Needs a Home.
A series of activities are planned in partnership with the Everybody's Home campaign.
The Social Housing Pledge
On Monday 3 August Homelessness Australia and Everybody's Home will launch the Pledge (pictured above). Supporter organisations will be asked to visit their local Federal members of Parliament and ask them to sign the pledge to build more social housing to create jobs and help end homelessness.
Organisations will get a pledge pack of supporting materials which will contain:
- The Pledge image for MPs to hold up for a photo
- Stats about the level of homelessness and the shortfall in social housing in their electorate
- A briefing explaining the SHARP (Social Housing Acceleration and Renovation Program) to build 30,000 social housing properties over four years
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions such as “Isn’t this a state issue??!!”
- Lobbying tips
- A draft template letter asking the MP for a meeting
- Fear not, social tiles for FB, Instagram and Twitter will be in there too
(To register as an organisational supporter of Everybody's Home so you get the Pledge pack, sign up at https://everybodyshome.com.au/org-signup/)
A launch event
The Pledge will be launched at an interactive online webinar and panel discussion event on 3 August that everyone is invited to attend. Details to follow.
To build pressure on the Treasurer to include social housing investment in the Budget, Everybody's Home will also launch an email the Treasurer action for individual campaign supporters.
Homelessness heat maps
Homelessness Australia and Everybody's Home are creating heat maps that will allow you to click on the map to see the number of people experiencing homelessness and the social housing shortfall in every federal electorate. The heat maps will also be able to be printed out as a PDF to take to your MP.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org